CHOP AND TALK: Chef Lu 'Starboy'

 CHEF LU' OF LAGOS 🌯👨🏿‍🍳 on Twitter: "StarBoy Special is ready ...
 This is a blog post that should have gone up a long time ago. The intro should have gone up a long time ago too but let’s skip all of that and get right into it. Hi, I like food and today I’m going to be talking about my experience with Mr. Chef Lu’s starboy. If you don’t know what a starboy is well it’s a bread-ish filled food that you can eat ( you can also eat wizkid too who knows if he’s cake ha.) I remember the day I ordered starboy *flashback noise* I had just finished my 2nd-semester exams and I decided that the best way to spoil myself was to spend all my leftover money on food. Starboy is 500 + delivery 100 but I also bought something else, we won’t talk about it in this post.
  I ordered my starboy and the wait began…oh, how I’ve dreamt about eating it since the first day I set my eyes on it and now I was finally going to eat it. I was hungry, delivery took like 45 minutes & mind you I stay at DLI so I was also wondering how the delivery took that long. It finally arrived and I got an explanation of why the delivery took that long but in my head, I’m like ”bobo please just give me food I’m hungry and the exam took my last power” but I’m nodding my head and acting very professional. I casually walked to my room with the packages in hand avoiding stares and wondering how I just blew 1100 naira on food.
  I placed it on my table, it’s time. I kept the other food aside and brought out the starboy in all it’s glory, swallowing saliva and shaking from starvation. It was hard to peel the paper from the bread because I don’t really know what happened but I think the bread got cold and the paper decided to stick. I sha ate small paper that day. I took my first bite and… wait I had to take my second bite to be sure, maybe over anticipation killed my taste buds because this starboy tasted normal. I’m not badmouthing anything please calm down to the judges but starboy was pretty normal I had a lot of cream and suya or something. It was also sort of peppery so it was good. People usually describe it as a bread shawarma thing, I describe it as a bread suya filled with other things thing. Overall I’d give it a 6.5 for late delivery and also because I think mine had excess cream. Would I try it again? Yes. Moral lesson: Don’t over expect just keep calm so that you won’t be disappointed. Thanks for reading this far I have 2 more food reviews of CHEF LU so stay tuned. Check him out @chefluoflagos on Instagram and tell your people there might be a new food blogger in town.

Comments