ARE YOU ACTUALLY HAPPY?

    A new post has been long overdue at this point because if you read my last post which you can find here you would see a promise I made about posting but then... the world happened. Welcome to another post, I hope you have been having the best 2020 yet because I don't think I have and if you can relate comment 'same sis' let's create a group chat to console ourselves.
 Today I'd be giving you a little update about how I've been even though you didn't ask for it plus I'd be reminding you to subscribe before you close this page. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE NO SPAMMING I PROMISE! So without further boredom.
LIFE UPDATE
Last year, I watched this video by Matt D'avella on youtube which you can find right here where he talked about happiness and all that and I think it was at that point I decided that I was no longer going to say things like "I'm not happy" or "I want to be happy"(watch the video to find out more) and I can actually genuinely say I felt better like I didn't feel the need to say I'm not happy and all that but towards the end of the year not saying it became kind of hard and at a point in December I "crashed".  Like I could tell I wasn't completely happy but I didn't want to admit it. Fast forward to the new year and I got even worse. I was avoiding texts, not talking to people I genuinely loved, finding it very, very hard to open up about the slightest thing and the first 2weeks in January was horrible.

Now I'm not going to take you too far into details about what was going on but what I can say is right now I feel better. Better enough to say I'm happy enough. Every day on social media we see pictures about how we're all not actually happy in the world right now or how your friend who is the most jovial in the friend group goes back to cry or something because they're actually the saddest. Personally, I feel this isn't true and it is more of a 50/50 percent scenario because I believe there are people out there who are genuinely happy in the moment or your most jovial friend is actually happy. A lot of people are really affected by what they see on social media directly or indirectly and this is 1000% true. Now the question.. are you actually happy? are you faking it? I want you to know that there are better days ahead trust me and if there isn't then you need to walk to the better days ahead..do you get?
LITTLE TIPS TO HELP YOU FEEL BETTER
  • Eat food. Snack on junk if you can
  • Sleep. rest. just make sure you're on your bed doing nothing
  • Actually surround yourself with people who would make you feel better not tell you "aren't we all" when you say you're sad and you mean it.
  • Do something you love or that makes you happy. For me, learning french made me really happy and I hope to get back to it soon. 
  • Take a walk, it helps a bit.
  • Cry if you can.
  • Talk to someone. Not everyone will understand how you feel at all and some might say the most absolute rubbish you have ever heard but there's someone out there who's one reply would lift your spirits. This one was hard for me but I eventually did talk to someone.
  • Have a positive mindset
If you have any other suggestions, you can leave them in the comment section. This post made me open up a bit and it feels liberating to finally be able to put out a new post again.
     With love,
The aspiring blogueuse.

Take a fun  quiz here but remember it doesn't have the final say on if you're truly happy: AM I HAPPY?

Comments

  1. Your no1 fan❤️22 January 2020 at 16:12

    ❤️❤️❤️❤️, thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT YOU'RE ANONYMOUS AND YOUR OPINION MATTERS